Safety | Protection | Accountability
In volunteering with any organisation there is always some form of ‘due process’ that needs to be adhered to. Volunteering with SUSA is no different. In fact, we’re tougher than most and we make no apologies for that!
We are tougher, because we place our highest priority on the safety, care and wellbeing of every child and young person involved in every program and event. Children and young people are the most precious and valuable gift that any community can have. Unfortunately, they’re also the most vulnerable, and susceptible to harm and abuse, and need to be protected and guarded against threats to their personal safety. Our application process is one part of achieving this.
To become a SUSA volunteer:
- Find a Team: Find out which opportunities you might be best suited to.
Talk to an SU volunteer, or contact the SU office.
- Apply: Submit an online volunteer application on Join A Team. New in 2016!
This replaces the following old steps:
- Submit a VAF (Volunteer Application Form)
- Submit a Medical Check Form (18+)
- Submit to character references and screening checks.
- Sign off on our statement of Aims and Beliefs, and Working Principles.
- Get Checked: Apply for a Criminal History Check.
See the ACIC_Application Process for Volunteers. We will submit the form on your behalf.
Alternatively, we accept other recent checks which you may already have:
- Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) screening letter
- National Police Clearance Certificate (NPC)
- Teachers Registration
- Get Trained: Attend the necessary training applicable to your team or area (we will notify you).
Still feel like changing the world? Great! Let’s get started…
Contact us for further information on how you can get started.