SOAR Adventures is a 12 month, school based adventure and hands-on learning program like no other! It develops resilience and focus for boys in years 7 to 9. The program aims to promote positive life choices and decision-making amongst the participants, empowering them to achieve their goals and full potential.
SOAR uses a highly relational approach that helps participants develop identity and gain a sense of belonging. This is done through weekly in-school sessions, camps and on-going mentoring. It’s particularly suited to students who are at-risk of being excluded from their school, who are in conflict or crisis with their families or are suffering from depression or demoralisation.
The practical adventure based approach presents unique physical and emotional challenges throughout the program, coaching young people toward peak experiences of accomplishment and personal achievement. This process releases people to approach life, its successes and its challenges with confidence and hope.
There are 5 essential elements of SOAR Adventures that make the program unique:
SOAR Adventures aims to:
- Equip young people with vital skills to overcome challenges in their lives with steadfast confidence and dignity.
- Coach young people to make positive decisions that will benefit themselves and others in the future.
- Inspire young people to set personal goals; to discover their deepest passions, hopes and dreams.
- Enhance young people’s ability to dramatically impact and influence the people around them.
- Empower young people to change the community they live in.
The SOAR Adventure program has been developed as a response to the growing need of working with young people who are struggling with both environmental and personal factors and are at-risk of falling out of school.
Click here for more information about SOAR Adventures!
(You will be redirected to our Wired Ministries website)
For more information about SOAR Adventures, contact Camp Director:
Jason Abbott on 0434 868 783 or E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about our programs to young people, visit our Wired Youth Ministries website.