A few dollars might not seem like much, but when you combine that with of other people’s contributions it adds up quickly – every dollar helps! There are so many ways you can fundraise for SUSA from attending an event OR hosting a fundraiser yourself, your contribution will make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
Here are just some ideas to get you started:
- Ask for donations instead of birthday or christening gifts
- Organise a games or trivia night and ask for donations to play
- Host a morning tea, cocktail party or unique soirée and ask for a donation to attend
- Donate a percentage of sales from your business and share your commitment and generosity with your staff and customers
- Ask us for a donation box for your church or business counter so people can donate their spare change (this small gesture can raise significant amounts, as every cent adds up)
- Get sponsored to kick a bad habit, finish a fun run or take on a challenge – using an online fundraising page is an easy way to begin
- Introduce us to your workplace giving program
Create an online fundraising page
Everyday Hero, GoFundraise and MyCause are popular websites where you can set up your own personal page in just a few minutes and email a link to your friends and workmates to sponsor you – these sites even take care of the financial side of things. You can be part of listed events and activities or create your own.
Register your fundraiser with SUSA
In order to protect yourself and others from fraudulent schemes, it’s vitally important that you notify SUSA of your fundraising initiatives. By registering your fundraising event with us, we can confidently assure any enquiries that you are an authorised SUSA fundraiser, acting on our behalf.
Where do I begin?
If you’re stuck for ideas and need a ‘little nudge’ then read some of our Fundraising Tips, to help get you started!
Contact us online, or call the office on 823 9500 for one our friendly team to discuss your fundraiser, and provide you with the appropriate fundraising authority so you can start your activities.